Friday, March 27, 2009

Good or Bad?

The second discourse of Fihi Ma-Fih, starts with someone saying "Mawlana does not utter a word". Mawlana replies; it was the thought of me, which brings him to my presence. My imagine without words draws him here.

Words are the shadow reality, one piece of it in several pieces. If shadow could draw, reality would draw all the more. Words are just pretexts. It is the inner bond that binds one people to another, not words. Although someone witnesses to several miracles, hears hundreds of words, if he/she does not have the inner bond with that prophet or saint, it is useless.

It is the imagines draws everything. Imagine of a garden, brings us a garden. Imagine of a shop brings us a shop. (Does it remind you the very popular book "Secret" but this is another hot topic to be treated) However, there is a deception hidden in these images. Sometimes, you go somewhere with the expectation of good, however you just find disappointment there. These images are just shrouds covering something.

I remembered a story upon this discourse of Mawlana.

Once upon a time, there was a Sultan and his best friend. One day, they go hunting in the forest. However, when the Sultan shots, something happens to his rifle and his thumb falls apart with the bullet he fired. He wails within pain. He rebels against God. His best friend says, "Don't worry your majesty. Maybe that is good for you. Nobody but only God could know what is good for us." Sultan gets very angry to his best friend and sentences him to jail and his friend says "Maybe that is good for me, as God wanted this happen".

A few years pass and Sultan leaves for an overseas vacation. Unfortunately his ship sinks and he reaches to an island. However, there a cannibal tribe lives on the island and they capture the Sultan. While they are preparing the fire to cook him, they realize that the Sultan has a missing thumb and they give up eating him since their believe does not allow them to eat people with missing organs. Feeling a great happiness, Sultan leaves the island and return his country and starts with releasing his best friend from jail. Sultan says; "You were right, I missed my thumb that was good for me because cannibals released me, however you were also wrong because I imprisoned you that was bad for you. You spend several years in jail." His friend says: "No my friend that was good for me either. If you did not put me in jail, I would be accompanying you in your trip and since I have all my organs in full, they would be eaten me".


I think just like that, we are not in capable of foreseeing everything and know what is good or what is bad for us. So sometimes (maybe always) it is best to grasp the things coming from God...

No comments:

Post a Comment